The history of Octavio Café begins when Giusepe and Vicente Quercia came from Italy to Brazil in 1890 looking for a better life and work. In addition to building churches in the interior of São Paulo, the architect Giuseppe and his son Vicente were full of dreams and determined to begin the cultivation of a small coffee plantation in Brodowski.
With the family's approach to the coffee culture, Octavio's predecessors expand the production at Monte Alto Farm, located in front of Chapadão railway station - the main outflow to coffee and other crops from Alta Mogiana to the Port of Santos.
Orestes Quercia is born, in the small town of Igaçaba, next to Pedregulho, almost 500 kilometers from São Paulo. He is the second of three sons of Octavio, and his mother Isaura.
Octavio Quercia, savvy of nature, continues the expansion of coffee activity with acquisitions in Pedregulho. There, over a thousand meters above sea level, the region offers ideal terroir for specialty coffees cultivation. The combination of climate, soil fertility and altitude are the main characteristics of Alta Mogiana, a region where the coffee production is known among the best in the world.
Since a boy, Orestes used to frequent the family farms. He has always loved horses and had as his favorite business the coffee culture and farming production, a passion inherited of his father, Octavio. With an entrepreneurial spirit, he begins to dedicate more and more to the farm business, and gradually expands his coffee production in Pedregulho.
The farms are certified according to Rainforest Alliance and UTZ international codes regarding quality and sustainability.
A great mark for Orestes, who builds an iconic cafeteria in honor of his father. Comes up, on the modern Faria Lima Avenue, the biggest coffee shop in Latin America, Octavio Café, supplied by products from the six coffee farms in Pedregulho.
Brand revitalization, combining modernity with all Octavio's perfection and tradition as exponent in the world of coffee. Besides the new communication, Octavio Café, begin an ambitious expansion process with three new coffee shops in the State of São Paulo. The first, based in Shopping Eldorado, and two located in the International Airport of Viracopos, Campinas.
It is the continuity of a dream established in 1890.
Learn more about the structure of our farms, under the brand O'Coffee, and all care involved with the coffee from seed to cup.